【www.chuwe.cn - 出文网】
Do you know Eskimos (爱斯基摩人)? Let me tell you something about their 1 .
The Eskimos live near the North Pole (北极). There are only two 2 there, winter and summer, There are no spring 3 autumn there. The winter nights are 4 . You can’t 5 the sun for more than two months, even at noon. The summer days are long. For more than two months, the sun never 6 and there is no night.
The Eskimos have 7 clothes. They make their clothes from the skin of animals. From these skins they make coats, caps and 8 .
Near the North Pole trees can’t grow, for it is too 9 there. The Eskimos 10 make their houses from skins, snow or stones (石头). When they 11 in storm and can’t 12 home, they make house of snow. They 13 these snow houses when the storm is 14 .
Life is 15 for the Eskimos, but they still like to live there.
1. A. work B. life C. holiday D. families
2. A. weather B. seasons C. months D. years
3. A. not B. or C. and D. as
4. A. short B. warm C. long D. cold
5. A. see B. watch C. look D. look at
6. A. rises B. goes up C. drops D. goes down
7. A. beautiful B. metal C. warm D. cool
8. A. goods B. drinks C. medicine D. shoes
9. A. cold B. hot C. dry D. wet
10. A. will B. should C. never D. have to
11. A. go out B. go over C. keep on D. get on
12. A. get back B. got off C. get on D. get in
13. A. make B. leave C. stay D. break
14. A. over B. coming C. going D. hard
15. A. easy B. interesting C. hard D. lucky