【www.chuwe.cn - 出文网】
例：It is generally considered unwise to give a child ____________ he or she wants.
A．however B．whatever C．whichever D．whenever
21. My father is still in ____ habit of reading newspapers on ____ Sundays.
A. /; the B. the; / C. /; / D. the; the
22. I am very disappointed when I ____ saw him.
A. lastly B. the last C. last D. late
23. A waiter came over to our table with a smile after I _____ .
A. took places B. seated C. sat myself D. was seated
24. This machine didn’t work, I must have it _____.
A. to repair B. repaired C. repairing D. repair
25. Tom handed everything ____ he had found in the park to the police.
A. that B. what C. which D. whatever
26. It was ____ he said ____ moved me.
A. what; that B. what; whatC. that; thatD. that; what
27. The number of the students in this private school ____ increased by 1/3. A number of students ____ from Sichuan Province.
A. has; is B. have; are C. has; are D. have; is
28. —“Do you want to buy a mobile-phone?”
—“Yes, I want _____.”
A. it B. the mobile-phone C. that D. one
29. ____ you’re free today, _____ not go shopping with me?
A. Since; why B. As; and C. Because; but D. Because; why
30. I’d like to become a friend of ____ shares the same interests.
A. whomever B. whoever C. anyone D. someone
31. —Shall I tell your mother the good news？
—No, you _____. My sister has told her.
A. can’t B. shouldn't C. needn’t D. wouldn’t
32. _____ for the free tickets, I would not have gone to the films so often.
A. If it is not B. Were it not C. Had it not been D. If they were not
33. The old man ____ gray hair is talking ____ the girl _____ white.
A. with; with; with B. with; to; with C. with; with; in D. in; with; in
34. We have produced ____ this year as we did in 1993.
A. as much cotton twice B. as twice much cotton
C. much as twice cotton D. twice as much cotton
35. 100 ____ 60 is 40.
A. minus B. minused C. plus D. minus by
Henry Ⅷ (1491—1547) moved to a new palace in Whitehall. Parliament （议会）36 in the palace. The palace was parliament‘s home for 300 years. Then one night in 1834, a 37 began in the House of Lord (上院).The 38 palace was burned to the ground. Now Parliament needed a new building at Westminster. There was a competition to 39 a designer and Sir Charles Barry won 40. The newbuilding for the House of Parliament is 41 beautiful. It has hundreds of small towers, looking 42 a 16th—century palace, right 43 the Thames itself. At the south end, there is the Victoria Tower, the largest and highest square 44 in the world. Inside the palace, there are 1000 45, and the two most important rooms are, 46, the House of Lords and the House of Commons (下院). In the House of Lords is the Queen’s golden 47, which she uses once a year. The Lords have used their beautiful room 48 100 years. But there is nothing left 49 Barry‘s House of Commons. 50 night in May 1941, there was a particularly bad fire and the House of Commons was 51 down. They built another new House of Commons. A full Commons is a crowded and 52 place. The two main political parties sit on the 53 side of the House, facing each other. On the floor, between them, there are still two red lines which the members must not cross. Years ago, these lines were drawn 54 no man could hit the man opposite him with a 55.
36. A. discussed B. lived C. met D. had a party
37. A. strong wind B. heavy rainC. flood D. fire
38. A. whole B. halfC. old D. new
39. A. chooseB. ask C. demandD. want
40. A. thisB. thatC. itD. one
41. A. evenB. muchC. far D. very
42. A. atB. after C. likeD. about
43. A. onB. toC. inD. along
44. A. roomB. house C. tower D. top
45. A. doors B. rooms C. windows D. walls
46. A. for example B. such as C. for instanceD. of course
47. A . bedroomB. meeting—room C. throne(宝座)D. sports—ground
48. A. more than B. less than C. not more than D. no less than
49. A. for B. toC. onD. of
50. A. A B. One C. The D. This
51. A. drawn B. brokenC. pulledD. burned
52. A. excited B. excitingC. goodD. nice
53. A. different B. all C. oppositeD. same
54. A. for B. asC. so long asD. so that
55. A. gun B. stick C. ropeD. sword