【www.chuwe.cn - 出文网】
例：It is generally considered unwise to give a child ____________ he or she wants.
A．however B．whatever C．whichever D．whenever
21. Don’t get on the bus until it _____ .
A. stopped B. will stop C. stops D. has stopped
22. —Would you mind my smoking here?
A. Yes, please don’t B. No, please don’t C. Of course not. D. Certainly, I do.
23. —Do you know where is Jason?
—Yes, he is living at _____ place in Russia.
A. any B. one C. some D. other
24. —I heard the driver had run away after the accident.
A. So bad. B. What a shame. C. What a pity D. It’s a shame.
25. —What about ____ ?
—It’s too difficult ____ book for beginners.
A. the; the B. a; a C. a; the D. the; a
26. I heard nothing. ____ I know, I will tell you.
A. When B. While C. As D. Once
27. I wish I _____ enough money to buy the house at that time.
A. have had B. have C. have D. had had
28. The City Hall was _____ with angry people today.
A. crowding B. crowd C. crowded D. to be crowded
29. It’s what he did rather than what he said ____ moved me.
A. that B. which C. who D. /
30. The wounded ____ sent to hospital after the car accident yesterday.
A. are B. were C. is D. was
31. If someone calls, ask them to leave a ____ .
A. note B. message C. letter D. saying
32. —Hello. May I speak to Doctor Wang?
—OK. ____, please.
A. Wait a minute. B. Wait here. C. Waif for his speaking D. Hold on
33. —When are you leaving
—My plane _____ at 7:30.
A. will take off B. will set out C. takes off D. sets out
34. It’s time that I ____ to meet my friend at the airport. How I wish the weather ___ fine.
A. will go; will be B. go; is C. went; were D. will go; is
35. The boy had to spend a whole day ____ in the room.
A. close B. lock C. closed D. locked
Most young people enjoy some forms of physical activity. It may be walking, bicycling or swimming, or in winter, skating or skiing. It may be a game of some 36 —football, hockey, golf or tennis. It may be mountaineering.
Those who have a passion for 37 high and difficult mountains are often 38 with astonishment. Why are men and women willing to 39 cold and hardship, and to take risks on high mountains? This astonishment is caused, 40 , by the difference between mountaineering and other forms of activity to 41 men give their leisure. Mountaineering is a sport and 42 a game. There are no man-made rules, 43 there are for such games as golf and football. There are, 44 rules of a different kind which it would be dangerous to 45 , but it is this freedom from man-made rules that makes mountaineering 46 to many people. Those who climb mountains are 47 to use their own methods.
If we compare mountaineering and other more 48 sports, we might think that one big difference is that 49 is not “team game”. We should be mistaken 50 this. There are , it is true, no “matches” between “team” of climbers but when climbers are on a rock face 51 by a rope on which their lives may depend, there is 52 teamwork.
The mountain climber knows that he may 53 fight forces that are stronger and more powerful than man. He has to fight the forces of 54. His sport requires high mental and physical 55 .
36. A part B sport C sorts D kind
37. A climbing B going C risingD enjoying
38. A dealtB consideredC looked upon D treating
39. A catchB sufferC takeD overcome
40. A probably B actualC reallyD strongly
41. A that B which C now D why
42. A butB alsoC not D is
43. A as B i.e C such as D possibly
44. A for exampleB thenC perhaps D of course
45. A be haveB ignore（忽视）C meanD list
46. A rich B attractiveC painful D noticeable
47. A occasional B usedC freeD popular
48. A familiar B regular C similar D thirty
49. A sportB ruleC astonishmentD mountaineering
50. A by B fromC inD against
51. A admitted B disappeared C tiedD linked
52. A obviouslyB already C basically D certain
53. A wouldB due toC have to D be to
54. A mountain B natureC windD snow
55. A limitation B goodnessC divisionD qualities