【www.chuwe.cn - 出文网】
1. The play begins at 6: 40 pm. So we have to be at the theatre ________ 6:30 pm at the latest.
A. afterB. aroundC. until D. by
2. They held a ceremony ________ those killed in the battle.
A. in honor ofB. instead ofC. in favor of D. by means of
3. After finishing middle school, my sister did nothing ________ at home.
A. but to readB. but readC. besides reading D. except to read
4. Write your name and address on your bag ________ you lose it.
A. in any caseB. in caseC. in no caseD. in that case
5. — ________ did the professor give you much advice?
— The choice of a career.
A. On whatB. In whatC. WhatD. For what
6. I made coat ________ my own hands. It was made ________ hand not with a machine.
A. in; inB. in; withC. with; byD. with; with
7. He is running ________ the wind towards the east of the station ________ Tom running ________ the right.
A. down; and; onB. against; with; onC. for; with; inD. with; while; to
8. Not all of us know the difference ________ wheat, oats and barley.
A. amongB. betweenC. fromD. in
9. The young singer is quite popular ________ the public. She’s made a remarkable achievement ________ a girl of her age.
A. with; toB. to; forC. with; for D. for; to
10. The apple trees have lots of big apples ________ them. And some birds are singing ________ the trees.
A. in; onB. at; inC. on; inD. with; through
11. That woman will quarrel ________ everybody ________ anything.
A. about; aboutB. about; withC. with; aboutD. with; with
12. The weather this month has been good ________ .
A. on the wholeB. generally speakingC. above all D. on one hand
13. We should divide all the potatoes ________ two piles and separated the good ones ________ the bad ones.
A. from; byB. into; fromC. into; into D. from; into
14. They said the building would be completed ________ a year.
A. afterB. for C. in D. about
15. — These boxes are too heavy for me to carry.
— Here, I’ll give you a hand ________ them.
A. forB. to C. withD. by